What are Makeup Brush Sets?
One of the best reasons to buy make up brush sets is the fact that it includes everything that she will need for the application of her makeup. She does not need to buy brushes individually if you give her the entire set! From a kabuki brush to a concealer brush, it has all the must-haves for putting on her makeup!
Buying a makeup brush set as a gift is also a good way to save money. They are bundled and often cheaper compared to buying a brush individually!
Types of Makeup Brush Sets
Below are the different types of brushes that should be included in the set that you can give as the perfect present for Mother’s Day:
- Foundation Brush: Every great makeup starts with a foundation as the base. This brush is used for the flawless application of a foundation, making it easier to apply other makeups.
- Concealer Brush: This is a small brush used for spot correction and concealing other skin imperfections, such as large pores and dark spots.
- Stippling Brush: This works pretty much like a foundation brush for the application of makeup base, but this is specifically for creating an airbrushed look.
- Powder Brush: This comes handy when applying loose powder, which is a great way to improve the staying power of makeup.
- Blush Brush: It improves the application and looks of a powder blush, making sure that it won’t look unnatural or cakey.
- Contour Brush: As the name implies, this is for contouring the face. It looks almost the same as a blush brush, but the bristles are angled and dense.
- Highlight Brush: It looks like a fan and comes with thin bristles. Its bristles are spread to pick up only a light amount of makeup.
- Eyeshadow Brush: This is one of the smallest in a makeup brush set. They have dense bristles that are crucial for the precise application of eyeshadow.
- Eyeliner Brush: It is a small brush that helps in defining the wing shape in your eyes. It will work for both gel and liquid eyeliners.
- Brush: It is useful for the application of a lipstick, making it possible to create crisp and defined lines that highlight the lips.
Makeup brush sets can be made of different materials. The best options are brushes that are made of natural bristles compared to synthetic materials. Organic fibers are softer and have cuticles with better holding power for the makeup. For the softest bristles, choose brushes made of blue squirrel hair. Synthetic brushes are often cheaper, and they are best for applying liquid makeup.
Mix and match the brushes to make sure that there is a brush for every makeup. Some brushes are multipurpose. At the most basic, there are four important items that should be included in the set – powder brush, blush brush, shadow brush, and highlighter brush.
It should also be pointed out that the brushes included in the set are available in different shapes. They can be square, angled, chisel, pointed, and round. The specific makeup that is used will determine the best shape of the brush that should be chosen.
You should also consider ease of cleaning. Moms have a busy lifestyle, and they often have no time for brushes that are hard to clean. Makeup brushes made of natural hair needs cleaning at least once a month. They are best cleaned using warm water with a drop of natural shampoo. Some makeup brushes are packaged with a cleanser, which will avoid the bristles from harboring bacteria that can irritate the skin.
What Should You Consider When Buying Makeup Brush Sets?
Below are some of the most important considerations in choosing the best makeup brush sets to give as Mother’s Day gifts:
This depends on how much your budget is. Take note that price is hardly an indicator of quality. Even cheap brush sets can be exceptional if you know how to choose the right one.
Number of Pieces
In most makeup brush sets, the minimum is three pieces. Go for more brushes to give the user more choices.
Look for brushes that are of high-quality, which will make them durable and comfortable to use. They should be soft on the skin upon application.
Pay attention to the different parts of the brush and see to it that they are of high quality. Every brush has the following main parts: toe, bristles, heel, ferrule, and handle. For the handle, wood, metal, acrylic, and plastic are some of the most common materials that are used. Take it to the next level by having the handle personalized with the name of the recipient.
Makeup brush sets, without a doubt, will make a good gift for moms who love wearing makeup. Choose a set with superior quality based on the price you can afford. Make sure that it has the basics that she will need for the flawless application of makeup. Consider the materials used and opt for natural hair instead of synthetic brushes.